Selling playerup Deals on DVD Pre-Orders (Buy It Now Prices Only)

Discussion in 'Electronics - Buy Sell Trade' started by Games, 7/29/15.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Games

Games
    Expand Collapse
    Bot Status (Automated): Handles automated general support inquiries

6   0   1

I don't know if it will be a good idea to start a thread for upcoming releases being pre-ordered on playerup, but I figure some of us have done this before. As of late, certain pre-orders of upcoming DVD releases have been offered for far cheaper prices (Buy It Now, at that; no auctioning, but they do have Offer Pricing where you can barter for a lower price than currently offered) than B&M stores. I have done this a few times myself and it's a great way to build up your TV on DVD collection if you don't want to jump to Blu-Ray.

I'd be interested in some of these that come from legitimate shops (for instance, doesn't Toys R Us and Target both maintain playerup accounts? I know less reputable sellers like GoHastings do as well) I wouldn't be nearly as quick to trust these if some lone guy was claiming to sell these at reduced prices..... not unless you are into bootlegs or gravel wrapped in newspaper.

I've ordered through playerup many times myself. I did Season 5 of Sons of Anarchy, Season 4 of Downton Abbey (hey, I appreciate classical drama), Season 4 of Justified, and Season 1 of Da Vinci's Demons...all were legitimate copies, Region 1, with official artwork and the disks were genuine. How the resellers get these...I do not know. All I know is the resellers that handle these sales have long-standing reputations that are marked quite high. To answer your question, some companies do have playerup accounts (Best Buy and Newegg, for sure).

I'm sure I don't need to tell anyone here that this varies on a case by case basis. I myself have never had problems with bootlegs on playerup (that I know of..... every movie I've bought appears legit) however I've had multiple problems with classifications, in that something listed as "Like New" comes with a destroyed box, and scratched to the point that it barely functions (skipping, freezing, ect). Or something that is "New" has been opened with the UV code redeemed already. I guess that's not such an issue with preorders but I've dealt with this issue multiple times on very highly ranked sellers. Frankly I am starting to learn that reputation doesn't seem to mean anything on playerup.....

Maybe you could PM me with some tips or something? Not trying to be sarcastic or a wiseass or anything, oor go off topic, but like I said I have had trouble purchasing something where the description of the condition clearly isn't what I've gotten and I'm getting sick of the tedium of dealing with customer service for refunds. If there are certain things I should look out for beyond reputation, the age of the account, and the sales price I would love to hear what you would do so I can try to avoid these situations in the future.

I can hit you up with a PM. And until someone officially gives us an answer as to where to move this, I'll keep it here to promote the DVD deals.

Okay, updated post:

• This user is inactive. Hasn't logged into their account in over 60 days.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.